Abstract Mark-Making in Nature
“Nature is not only that which is visible to the eye. It also includes the inner picture of the soul.” Edvard Munch
In this course, learn now to create abstract drawings using mark-making from nature. Transform flowers, rocks, trees, twigs, and water into compositions about nature and your inner world. We will explore with ink, graphite, colored pencils, pastels, watercolor and more. Experiment with layering, symbols, overlapping, color, composition, shape and line to create expressive, non-representational renderings from nature. This course will be virtual/ indoors from chosen photographs. Learn foundational processes to use in future plain air artworks, or on vacation/travel.
When it is:
Half-Day Sunday Workshop: May 9th, Noon- 3 pm
What it is:
- One three hour live session
- Share your visions, ideas and creations with other makers
- Get a recording of the live session to watch again and again
- Exclusive access to Becca’s private virtual art community: The HeART School.
- A step-by-step tutorial on drawing nature
- Product focused. You might end up with beautiful work, but it won’t be the objective. The objective is to reflect on our inner worlds as we move into the season of Springtime!
- Register and receive an email with suggested supplies to assemble. We will include links to some of Becca’s favorites, but please select what is most fun and/or cost effective for you.
- Zoom meeting link will be emailed 24 hours before the event
- Recording will be emailed within 24 hours after the event