Drawing for Comfort in Uncertain Times
Making things during times of uncertainty can be profoundly enjoyable, and this drawing series was crafted with comfort, connection, and playfulness in mind.
Join me this Fall 2020, for eight virtual process-based drawing sessions with a community of makers. Each week learn a step-by-step process with a variety of mixed media drawing materials that spark joy, express feelings, tell a story, and perhaps even cultivate a flow-state.
In many other drawing classes the art is the drawing... in this class the art will be YOU. We will focus on simple steps and techniques in how drawing can be a tool to center, soothe, and reconnect with yourself in times of uncertainty.
Thursdays October 22nd - December 17th, 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Thursdays October 22nd - December 17th, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
What it Is:
- Eight Weekly Virtual Group Art Meet-Ups (2 hours)
- Share what you’re making (60 mins)
- Intros to eight, PROCESS-FOCUSED mixed media demos (60 mins)
- Recordings of each session
- Four Weekly One on One Virtual Sessions with Becca (15 min)
- Email/Text Questions
What it's NOT:
- A step by step guide on drawing.
- Product Focused. That means you might end up with a beautiful product you frame and hang up, but it won't be the objective. The objective is your comfort and enjoyment of process.
How it works:
- Receive a list of supplies from us! Purchase from one of our suggested retailers, or from your favorite spot. If you have no supplies at home, please expect to invest $75-$100 in supplies.
- Zoom meeting links to be emailed each week for the virtual session
- Each student will receive a link to schedule 15 minute one on one sessions with Becca each week.
Take a break from your work day, or while the kids are at school, and join me for soothing creative time.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$150.00 Scholarship Available
Apply Here Before October 1st, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Those chosen will be informed by the end of day October 5th, 2020.